Lahore Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henry would only consider Arsenal

Go down

Henry would only consider Arsenal Empty Henry would only consider Arsenal

Post by sulehri Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:35 pm

Henry would only consider Arsenal _44208349_henry203

Thierry Henry has insisted he is happy at Barcelona - and suggested he would only return to the Premier League if he could play for his former club Arsenal.

The France striker, 30, has been linked with a move back to England after an unsuccessful first season in Spain.

He told the BBC's Football Focus: "I'm happy - I don't regret leaving Arsenal.

"But there's only one team in England for me. Everybody knows the love and affection I have for Arsenal. I was so into it, I became a fan."

The Frenchman left north London in a £16.1m move in June 2007 but his inaugural season in La Liga has been ravaged by injuries, the most recent being a back problem.

Henry, who scored 174 Premier League goals in 254 appearances for Arsenal, has been a shadow of his former self at the Nou Camp - scoring only seven goals in 25 appearances.

And he has been heavily criticised for some ineffective performances, particularly in the recent Champions League quarter-final, second leg win against Schalke.

Despite all this, the former Monaco and Juventus player claims he has no intention of leaving the Spanish club.

"People who know me will tell you, I'm the same in training, I'm the same in life - I cannot act. If I'm not happy, I'm not happy," he said.

Newcastle are reportedly keen to bring Henry back to England in the summer, while he has also been linked with a possible move to Major League Soccer in the United States.

But asked if he would return to play in the Premier League, Henry replied: "I don't know. I'm happy here at Barcelona. I still have three years of my contract left with Barcelona.

"But England... I watch every game that I see on TV. I was watching Stoke City versus Crystal Palace. I will always miss it.

"There has been since I arrived here a lot of speculation from day one but, hey, go back where? There's only one team for me in my heart. It took me a while to understand what that club, Arsenal, meant."

Henry insisted he is not remorseful over any of the decisions he has made.

He said: "I don't regret stuff in my life. Stuff happens for a reason. You don't regret stuff that you thought about. I don't regret it."
sulehri
sulehri
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 200
Favourite team : Manchester United
Registration date : 2008-03-20

https://lahorefootball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down