Lahore Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madejski keen for Coppell to stay

Go down

Madejski keen for Coppell to stay Empty Madejski keen for Coppell to stay

Post by sulehri Mon May 12, 2008 10:28 pm

Reading owner John Madejski hopes to persuade manager Steve Coppell to stay at the club following their relegation from the Premier League.

Madejski keen for Coppell to stay _44647964_reading203b

Coppell is thinking over his future after they slid into the Championship despite a 4-0 win over Derby on Sunday.

Madejski said: "I'd like Steve to stay. He has a year left on his contract, and there's a groundswell of fans who would also like him to stay.

"But Steve's his own man and if he's going to go then he'll go."

Coppell has been in charge of Reading for five years, taking them up to the top flight two seasons ago and to a magnificent eighth-place finish last year.

Despite that achievement, Madejski said relegation had not come as a huge surprise 12 months on, and called for a collective share of responsibility for the downturn in results.

"Things haven't been looking rosy for a while. It's not a very nice thing to happen, but you have to be philosophical about it," he said.

"So as far as I'm concerned for the sake of the fans we have to get things right and move on. I think that everyone's culpable, including myself, certainly the players are."

Coppell has indicated he will take his time over a decision on his future.

"I have got to look at things. I have a huge affection for this club and I want to do what I think is right for this club," he said.
sulehri
sulehri
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 200
Favourite team : Manchester United
Registration date : 2008-03-20

https://lahorefootball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum