Lahore Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Utd to mark career of Baby-Faced-Assasin (Solskjaer)

Go down

Man Utd to mark career of Baby-Faced-Assasin (Solskjaer) Empty Man Utd to mark career of Baby-Faced-Assasin (Solskjaer)

Post by sulehri Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:44 pm

Manchester United will pay tribute to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in August with a testimonial match to mark the Norwegian's 11-year career at the club.

Man Utd to mark career of Baby-Faced-Assasin (Solskjaer) _44608959_solskjaer203b
Ole Gunnar Solksjaer was one of United's heroes in 1999

The Solskjaer testimonial match will be against Espanyol of Spain on 2 August at Old Trafford, and form part of the team's pre-season preparations.

Striker Solskjaer retired last August due to injury problems after netting 126 goals in 366 appearances.

"I am delighted to be given this game by the club," said the 34-year-old.

"It will be a very emotional day for me, to play one last time at Old Trafford in front of our amazing fans.

"I am going to savour every moment and I hope the fans and Manchester United can also share in my special day."

Solskjaer, who is now on the club's coaching staff, cost United just £1.5m in July 1996.

He frequently made telling contributions from the bench, notably in the 1999 Champions League final when he scored the winning goal.

He also famously netted four goals in 12 minutes in a substitute appearance against Nottingham Forest.

Manchester United chief executive David Gill said: "Ole is one of Manchester United's true professionals.

"We look forward to hosting the first pre-season game at Old Trafford in honour of Ole's illustrious career."
sulehri
sulehri
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 200
Favourite team : Manchester United
Registration date : 2008-03-20

https://lahorefootball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down