Lahore Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ferguson revels in momentous win

Go down

Ferguson revels in momentous win Empty Ferguson revels in momentous win

Post by sulehri Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:28 am

Ferguson revels in momentous win _44565467_wengerfergienewbod203

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says winning their next two Premier League games will secure the title after they beat Arsenal 2-1.

United are six points clear of Chelsea after victory over the Gunners and meet the second-placed Blues on 26 April.

Ferguson said: "If we win at Blackburn and at Chelsea we're champions. We've got over a nervous day.

"I thought it was a fantastic game, absolutely outstanding. You won't see a better game anywhere this season."

United came from a goal behind to beat the Gunners thanks to goals from Cristiano Ronaldo and Owen Hargreaves, after Emmanuel Adebayor had given Arsenal the lead.

We are out of the title race of course, we know that

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger

Ferguson paid tribute to Arsenal for their part in a fabulous game and said Arsene Wenger's men did not deserve to lose.

He added: "Arsenal had some great moments, they were brilliant at times. They bossed the first half and we looked nervous at times because of what today meant.

"We know Arsenal are a good team, they are such a good team and it was a big, big day today. It was nervy at times but we managed to come through it.

"They were very unlucky to lose you'd have to say, they gave it their biggest effort of the season and were magnificent, but we've still managed to win the game."

Ronaldo had to take his penalty twice after the first successful effort was ruled out for encroaching and Ferguson also hailed his 38-goal winger.

"Wasn't that some effort from Ronaldo to tuck it away second time around, with all that pressure?" said Ferguson.

"It was a fantastic penalty and he showed great courage and great ability to stick it away."

Wenger conceded that Arsenal were out of the title race but said he was proud of his players for another fine performance.

"This team is amazing," he said. "They keep going and I am so proud of all of them.

"We are out of the title race of course, we know that. We played with quality and spirit, but what can you do about the result now?

"We had plenty of chances and I feel we were very unlucky not to win the game, but we have to accept what happened.

"In the last two months we have had a blip, but we have not had much luck either and you could see that again today.

"I believe this team is good enough to win things and our biggest target now is to keep the group together."
sulehri
sulehri
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 200
Favourite team : Manchester United
Registration date : 2008-03-20

https://lahorefootball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down