Bruce vows Wigan will give 100%

Go down

Bruce vows Wigan will give 100%

Post by sulehri on Thu May 08, 2008 11:51 pm

Steve Bruce has rejected any suggestion that his Wigan side might not give their all in Sunday's Premier League game against Manchester United.

Bruce's former club United will win the title with victory over the Latics, who have nothing to play for.

But Bruce said: "Everybody who knows me knows me better than that. What am I going to say to the team? 'Just roll over and let Man United win'?

"That's not going to happen. Make no mistake, we'll be trying our utmost."

Wigan suffered a run of 20 straight league defeats to the "big four" of Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool following their promotion in 2005.

However, under Bruce the Latics have drawn with Liverpool at Anfield, drawn at home to the Gunners, and held Chelsea to a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge in April.

If Bruce's side can also force a draw with United, the title will head to Chelsea if the Blues beat Bolton at home.

Bruce lifted the league trophy three times with United, but in nine attempts as Birmingham boss he never beat his old club.

United have won all six of their league and cup games against Wigan, scoring 20 goals in the process.

However, while 13th-placed Wigan have secured their Premier League safety, they do have more than pride to play for.

The Latics could drop as low as 15th if they lose to United, costing them a substantial amount in prize money.
sulehri
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 200
Favourite team : Manchester United
Registration date : 2008-03-20

View user profile http://lahorefootball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down